Free Advertising Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
omg006
omg006
Member Stage 3
Member Stage 3
https://www.omgevcable.com

What specifications of cables should be used for electric vehicle charging piles Empty What specifications of cables should be used for electric vehicle charging piles

Fri Jul 26, 2024 6:31 am
Introduction: Charging piles are now a very common energy supplement equipment, but there are still many people who don’t know how many square cables are needed to install charging piles. The thickness of the wiring harness of the charging pile cannot be unified. It is mainly determined by the charging pile’s power storage capacity and the voltage that the wiring harness bears when circulating power:

First, charging piles are divided into single-phase and three-phase. Regardless of whether it is two-phase or single-phase, it must first be converted to the AC incoming current. For single-phase charging piles (AC charging piles), I=P/U; For three-phase charging piles (DC charging piles), I=P/(U*1.732). From this, it can be concluded that the cable should be selected according to the current size.

Secondly, the cable selection can refer to relevant manuals or regulations such as:

1. Single-phase charging piles are generally 7KW (AC charging piles) I=P/U=7000/220=32A. 4 square millimeter copper core cables should be used.

2. Three-phase charging pile (DC pile)
15KW current 23A cable 4 square millimeters;
30KW current 46A cable 10 square millimeters;
60KW current 92A cable 25 square millimeters;
90KW current 120A cable 35 square millimeters;
All charging piles should have a neutral wire and a ground wire. So single-phase requires a three-core cable, and three-phase requires a five-core cable.

For more information, please visit or search for cable specifications and quotes: https://www.omgevcable.com/lxwm/

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum